Warm or cool evenings call for a moment to enjoy your outdoor spaces. So a fire pit with a propane tank inside is a great way to get your patio, pool, or deck ready for such evenings, whether your goal is to turn your backyard into personal heaven or to just make a few strategic upgrades. However, modern propane fire pits are available in a wide array of sizes and styles. But do not worry. This article has options for every budget and space. Keep reading!
Are fire pits with propane a good idea?
Yes. And below are the reasons why having a fire pit with a propane tank inside is a good idea!
- They are compact and lightweight, with multiple options available.
- Easily portable, movable, and detached from one location, you may when carry it for your camping trips.
- Simple to assemble without any external help.
- Effortless to maintain low smoke, ash, and soot levels.
- The product comes with safety features. Built with weather resistance, and offers flame management options.
- Non-attached models do not require a gas line or building permits.
- The tank is hidden in a stylish compartment giving the product an appealing design
- Various cost options are available, from affordable to expensive
Types of fire pit with propane tank inside:
When it comes to fire pits with hidden propane storage, there are many different types available. Following are some of the types to suit your lifestyle.
- Concrete fire pit with propane tank inside
- Metal fire pits
- Gas powered fire pits
Concrete fire pit:
Concrete propane fire pits offer all the benefits of propane fire pits without the need for hoses and no-whistle flex lines. With its lightweight and durable design, it is easy to move around with a few people whenever you want a little change in the flow of energy on your deck, patio, or backyard.
Metal fire pits:
Metal fire pits come in a variety of styles and materials. Featuring a rustic look, this fire-breathing fire pit is sculpted into a variety of simple and complex designs. The metal fire pits are usually made from steel, but can also be made from copper or wrought iron, or from a combination of both.
Gas powered fire pits:
A gas fire pit is a great alternative to a wood fire in areas where wood fires are not permitted. Their easy operation, low maintenance requirements, and lack of sparks make them ideal for home use. You can use them both inside and outside. Each fire pit comes with a discreet propane tank that is concealed inside the fire pit offering convenience.
Best fire pit with propane tank inside
Following are the best hidden tank free pits, do come across each other and know its features
Kante 25 Inch Propane Fire Table
This concrete fire pit with propane tank inside is our first choice propane fire pit table exclusively constructed from durable, high-quality concrete that is highly heat resistant. Moreover, the elegant and simple bowl design is perfect for decorating your patio and garden. It is easy to use the Kante fire pit as it just requires a connection to the gas tank. Further, you will be easily able to add warmness to your space with the 50000 BTU heat output. The design includes a side handle and an adjustable level of firepower which is a bonus.
- You can count on its simple and minimalist design perfect for decorating your patio, garden, or backyard.
- Premium quality concrete is used to construct the propane fire pit table, making it durable and heat resistant. A color-coated finish makes the color last for a long time.
- CSA-certified patio fire pits are made with liquid propane fuel for stability and clean combustion, so there is no ash or smoke to pollute the environment or your health.
- For use, simply connect the gas tank to the fire pit and it’s ready to go ensuring convenience.
- Propane regulator with hose
- Easy to handle and use
- Weather resistant cover
- Great value and style
- No cons so far
Giantex Gas Fire Pit
If you are looking for the internal tank fire pit model, this natural-looking fire pit gas fire is a perfect choice. It emits 40,000 BTUs of heat, making it a great addition to any backyard. Moreover, a lava rock cover keeps the burner safe and creates a uniform flame. A one-step ignition button and knob allow you to adjust the flame intensity on this easy-to-use fire pit. A waterproof cover is included to protect the fire pit when not in use.
- With its simulated rock appearance, this fire pit table has a high degree of fidelity. Incorporating aesthetics and functionality,
- The ETL certification of this fire pit table ensures its safety. Gas pipe length is almost 10 feet, allowing the gas tank to be connected safely far from the fire pit.
- It is a strong and durable gas fire pit.
- This fire pit table is mainly constructed from flame-retardant magnesium oxide simulated rock, which is strong and durable enough to function as a heating fire pit.
- The fire pit table is designed with two handles on both sides, so it can easily be carried around.
- With a stainless-steel burner and decorative rocks as a base
- A combination of art and practicality
- Durable and sturdy
- Suitable for patios, gardens, yards, and outdoor spaces
Some find it expensive
Outland Propane Fire Pit Table
Your outdoor space is instantly made more functional if you have this fire pit that doubles as furniture. You can get 40,000 BTUs of heat from this gas fire pit table to meet your outdoor temperature needs. The black tempered glass table top surrounds a central fire pit in this linear all-weather resin wicker table. When needed, the propane tank can be accessed by pulling down one side of the table, which can then be stored away when not in use.
- A great addition to your backyard patio fire pits, combining functionality and style.
- Using the push button spark ignition system, you can easily and conveniently light up your vehicle.
- Coffee color UV HDPE (Ultraviolet Light High-Density Polyethylene) wicker is a durable, all-weather material that can withstand all weather conditions. Despite the powder-coated steel frame, our coffee-colored UV HDPE wicker is exceptionally lightweight.
- Perfect fire pit because of its size, style and price
- Assembling is easy and the unit is absolutely sturdy, and elegant.
- A chrome manual control valve allows the flame height to be adjusted making it100% smoke free
No cons so far
Portable Propane Fire Pit for Outdoors
The Mega Outdoor propane gas fire pit is an excellent portable propane fire pit choice for outdoor fireplaces. For camping trips, beach parties, RV travels, and more. In addition, it takes just minutes to set up and does not require any tools. The kit comes with a pre-attached 10-foot hose for storing a 20-pound propane cylinder.
- Ideal for camping, RV trips, tailgating parties, and outdoor family gatherings.
- Setup is easy and requires no tools.
- Made with high quality steel and protected by an enamel finish to ensure durability and long life
- Top-notch quality stainless steel burner and fasteners.
- Excellent portability
- High heat output
- Easy to use
- The pressure switch requires some pressure to function
How to choose the best fire pit with propane tank inside?
Sizes and shapes:
From small tabletop fire pits to oversized gathering spots, these models are available in various shapes. So keep in mind that larger fire pits will emit more heat but simultaneously, do not ignore the importance of heat output.
The warmth of a gas fire pit is not compromised. There are different types of furnaces, and each is rated with a different BTU. So the BTU determines how much heat your fire pit produces. However, gas fire best typically ranges between 30000 and 60000 BTUs, but they can proliferate up to 1000000 BTUs.
With a turn-off knob, propane fire pits can be lit and extinguished quickly if you choose a product with a 20-pound propane tank. Propane tanks are either hidden inside fire pits or connected to separate lines. So if your propane tank needs to be replaced or refilled, just go to your local hardware store or grocery store to get it covered.
It may be a good idea to consider how much you are willing to spend before buying fancy internal tank fire pits. Depending on the custom model, fire pit tables can cost up to $5000 for models with advanced functions and functionality. Similarly, modest but functional models could cost much less. You can then go onto choosing models that suit your budget and needs based on the amount of money you’re willing to spend.
Are there safety concerns with fire pit with propane tank inside?
The use of a fire pit with propane tank inside is entirely safe. However, it is essential to remember that not all propane fire pits are the same. Be sure to choose a reputable company that places safety above all else before you purchase a propane fire pit.
How to maintain a fire pit with propane tank inside?
You can extend the life of this furniture by consciously maintaining it, so you can enjoy it for many years to come. Your investment in it will be well served when it is properly maintained. These above-given fire pit with propane tank inside models make an excellent centerpiece for your indoor or outdoor space, and they are versatile options that can be used year-round.
Using a propane fire table requires some dos and don’ts:
An open fire can naturally make people do certain things, and children may even consider being naughty while the table is being used and the fire is burning. It is important to understand how to use and maintain this product in order to be safe at all times.
Keep everything out of the fire:
You should never burn leaves, paper, or other objects over an open flame. Barbecues are also commonly cooked over open fires. No matter what you do, try to avoid this, and if you must, make sure that no particle reaches your fire pit.
Prevent misuse by observing:
You don’t just light a fire table when you’re ready to sit down at your table every other day. Before that, make sure there is no debris or particles in the pit that could ignite the flame or cause it to run out of control.
Keep an eye on the gas supply line:
Ensure that your gas supply line and exhaust system are working properly from time to time by checking them for clogs and carbon dioxide leaks. This prevents it from becoming choky when you sit around it.
Maintain a seasonal cleaning schedule:
You should clean your fire table in spring and winter if you will be using it. The fire pit must be maintained more frequently if you are only going to use it occasionally, so it won’t rust.
So now you know everything about the fire pit with a propane tank inside. You are all set to add modish curves to your outdoor space with the recommended products. Overall, considering your safety, we have outlined every small thing in detail. If you are convinced with the features, purchase one for yourself today and enjoy the warmth.